Through extensive trainings and experiences I have grown passionate about working with mother, baby and their immediate family. In addition to being a therapist I have had the honor of joining women during the process of labor and delivery as a certified birth doula. While working as a doula I volunteered my services to military families through the Operation Special Delivery program, which provided emotional and physical support for women whose spouses were deployed.
With my assistance, you will learn new ways to successfully manage the transitions and emotions that come with motherhood. Whether it’s a bout of the “baby blues” or something more serious like postpartum depression or anxiety, together we can explore the various avenues of treatment so that healing can begin.
Do the following symptoms sound familiar? These symptoms might indicate that you have a form of perinatal mood or anxiety disorder, such as postpartum depression. While some mild mood changes during or after the birth of a child is very common, 15 to 20% of women experience more significant symptoms of depression or anxiety. Please know that with professional help you can prevent these symptoms from worsening and can fully recovery. You are not alone.
- Feeling sad or depressed
- Feeling more irritable or angry with those around you
- Having difficulty bonding with your baby
- Feeling anxious or panicky
- Having problems with eating or sleeping
- Having upsetting thoughts that you can’t get out of your mind
- Feeling as though you are “out of control” or “crazy”
- Feeling like you never should have become a mother
- Worried that you might hurt your baby or yourself
Take a free self-assessment for postpartum depression by CLICKING HERE.
Get the Support You Deserve Today!