Approximately 1 in 5 and as many as 1 in 4 pregnancies will end up as miscarriages. Grieving the loss of a pregnancy, infant or child brings tremendous pain and feelings of deep sadness. Some studies suggest that women who experience loss are up to three times more likely to experience depression. You are not alone. You can find healing.
Research shows that with early intervention emotional distress, depression and anxiety around the loss can be significantly lessened. Some benefits of seeking therapy include:
- learning ways to navigate and better manage difficult emotions
- preparing yourself for situations that may trigger sadness, resentment or anxiety (i.e. visiting the hospital, discussing the loss with friends and family, seeing pregnant women, or an anniversary such as the date of the miscarriage or stillbirth)
- lessening the pain of your loss, so that you can begin to heal
- finding more productive ways to communicate with your partner so that you can better support one another and
- feel more confident with yourself and find joy in your life again
Don’t wait to get the help you need! Call or email me today!